The Candidate :
Suitable candidates should have a minimum of 12 months proven experience in a maritime brokerage or operating environment and/or hold a bachelor or master degree in shipping, nautical science, economics or logistics alongside a dose of grit and perseverance. He or she is passionate about waterborne transport, wants to learn and sets the horizon as a limit.
Clear communication skills, adaptivity, sense for detail and team spirit are required to navigate safely our fast moving and varied environment.
English, Dutch, French are the key languages used in our Ghent office but we like to be challenged by alternatives.
Interested candidates should find fulfilment in the following tasks :
- assisting senior broker in commercial follow up of customers, cargoes, voyage and time-chartered vessels
- building and maintaining relations with dry bulk Owners and Charterers
- detecting opportunities, recognising threats
- supporting customers by producing freight ideas, indications and firm offers
- negotiating with owners/charterers on pricing and conditions
- travelling and attending conferences and exhibitions
The Offer :
- Friendly, experienced colleagues
- A fast track to maritime commercial knowledge
- Job diversity on an international trading level
- Competitive salary package related to experience, knowledge and results
- Modern communication tools
- Ample room to exhibit and deepen commercial skills and broadening chartering knowledge
- A diverse role with responsibility in the fascinating Maritime Shipping Industry
- A pleasant workplace with easy access in Ghent.
Please send CV and motivation letter to : firstname.lastname@example.org