The Candidate :
Any suitable candidate should have a minimum of 12 months hands-on experience in a post fixture position and/or holds a bachelor or master degree in shipping, nautical science, economics or logistics with a healthy dose of enthusiasm and willingness to learn quickly.
Good communication skills, sense for detail and team spirit are required to navigate safely in our fast moving and diverse environment.
English, Dutch, French are the priority languages used in our Ghent office.
Interested persons should find joy and fulfilment in the following tasks :
- complete operational follow-up of booked cargoes/vessels
- communication with Owners/Charterers/Captains and Agents when and where needed
- follow-up of position/speed/consumption ratio of t/c and voyage vessels
- keeping track of time used for port operations / calculating time used for both Owners and Charterers / negotiation laytime calculations
- timely obtaining shipping documents (NOR, SOF, BSL, Manifest,…)
- negotiating on D/A’s, liner terms and other port or vessel related costs – creating files (bookings, fixtures, nominations) (ERP)
- inputting data /incoming invoices (ERP)
- freight calculation and invoicing (ERP)
- assisting in supportive actions for the administrations desk when and where needed
- editing charter parties
- sending charter parties to the relevant parties
The Offer :
- Friendly and experienced colleagues
- Job diversity in an international environment and the fascinating Maritime Shipping Industry
- Competitive salary package related to experience and knowledge
- Modern communication tools
- Ample space to deepen your operational skills and to broadening your chartering knowledge
- Pleasant office with easy access in Ghent.
Please send CV and Motivation Letter to : email@example.com